Screenshot located at Petrské Náměstí, is a hybrid space for Prague film connoisseurs and taste-makers, offering the atmosphere cozy and artistic space with independent film programming, professional drink mixing and high-quality sound and video production.
Screenshot`s programming choices will not be driven by commercial interests. The relatively tiny size of our screening area means that broad appeal is not necessary, nor indeed may it be desirable.
We see it like this: come for the movie. Stay for the community.
Screenings at Screenshot
We are indeed a place for film lovers and geeks. Our programming will offer carefully selected films, bound into thematic blocs or standalone masterpieces.
You can expect to see art films culled from across the world, or art films that are rarely shown anywhere. Screenings of Czech films present and historical. European cinema, films from neighboring countries – like Slovak, Polish, Hungarian, but also French, Spanish etc.
Occasional themed events or festivals, focusing on specific directors, including content such as live Q/As, lectures, and film workshops.
High quality Documentaries, including non-mainstream choices from around the world.
Promoting student films and projects of international film students studying in Prague.
- Seating for up to 40 guests per screening
- Professional audio-video presentation
- The possibility for booking for closed private events (parties, anniversaries, company team building, etc).
Drinking at Screenshot
Screenshot is, first of all, a bar and a screening room, with an adjoining event space. It will cater to afternoon coffee and wine drinkers during the day, to cocktail drinkers in the evenings. Guests will find us to be an ideal meeting point for pre and post-film discussion, or just meeting with like-minded friends.
- Full bar with professional mixology and an extensive stock.
- Mid to high-end cocktails, including signature cocktails and custom drinks
- Beer and selection of house wines
- Cold snacks (tapas), and a small selection of bar foods or light lunches (eg: toasts)
- Fine espresso drinks (and cocktails)
- A selection of cinema and arts books for reading.